I still remember making my vision board this year (which I will share soon) and drawing a big 200 followers bit for my blog. I cannot believe we actually made it this far, considering even just 10 followers to me was so huge.
I have to thank God for all the inspiration and drive he gives me to continue this blog. I don’t think I have ever had a day when I felt discouraged by this blog or thought that it was not something that I should do. The encouragement and support that you all give to me is so valuable and I just want to thank this platform for allowing me to find such a wonderful community in which to share my ideas!
I told myself that once I got to 200 followers that I would do something a little but new and exciting. It is going to take a great leap of faith but I believe that God has put it on my heart, so STAY TUNED for some exciting things to come!
May all glory and honor and praise be to my God and Savior Jesus Christ for ever blessing, whether great or small!
It’s the last month of the year!!! To me, its time for some reflection on the past year, thankfulness to God for what He’s done and what He hasn’t done as yet 😊. But it’s also a time to sit down and think about what I want to achieve in the year ahead. Does anyone else do that? Comment down below if you do!! Hopefully reading this post will inspire you to think about your own goals and visions for the coming year. Let’s get into some reflection ☁☁🙄😏
So this year was crazy 🤣🤣 and a lot of things happened which lead me to look deep into myself and eventually lead to me creating a vision board for myself. The first thing I did was to paste a massive cross right in the middle of the board. I wanted God to be at the center of everything I wanted to achieve.
1) I wanted to start a blog. It was something that God put on my heart and I knew I had to do it. I also, really wanted to share my ideas with other people but was still pretty apprehensive to do it, till one of my friends really gave me the push I needed. And low and behold here we are since the 11th of May 2018.
2) I really wanted a job. As high school was over and university started to set in, I couldn’t find a job that suited me. But God showed me where He wanted my job to me in a very interesting way. As of November 29th 2018, I was asked to be on a team of full-time volunteers, with a non-profit organization of my dreams called Samaritans Purse. Although it’s not a paid, job I’m so happy to be doing the Lord’s work as a full- time team member, and excited to see where this job will take me.
5) Now this is a bit of a funny one and maybe even a cheat, because living in New Zealand the GPA works differently, to whatever country this chart comes from. I did manage quite a few A’s in my coursework, but didn’t manage any overall, finishing my year with a strong B+ average. The funny thing is my overall GPA was just over 5, which is technically off the charts in this case, so maybe I did, in a interesting way, achieve this goal!
7) Here’s the one that I’m most proud of, and the one that I am most grateful to God for❤😇😇 . Because I know in my heart that it was only by His grace that this happened. Even after getting my exam results back there was so much confusion and anxiety about whether I got in or not, but on the 29th of November 2018, I got my letter saying I got in! 😁🙏🙏
9) This was honestly such a cool picture, because when I chose it I wasn’t really thinking to go to that particular place, but on the 18th-20th of May, my family and I went to the Coromandel. The photos of which you can view on my ‘God Gallery’ menu, but the water there looked exactly, as blue and beautiful as the water in this picture, which I didn’t even realize till I got home.
Overall, this year was full of learning and hard work. It’s my first year making a vision board and actually keeping and sticking to my goals, and I’ve found it to be so fulfilling to look back and be proud of myself for what I have achieved. I prayed about each and everything on the board, every time I passed or looked at it, and I truly believe that each of the things on the board was ultimately fulfilled by God, each in it’s own time and in it’s own way. Everything fell into place and each thing has taught me many things about myself. I really would like to say that visions boards are a great way to keep productivity and motivation up during the year, and a great thing to look back on in the future!
I thank God for this most amazing year of growth, and learning, and I can’t wait to see what He has in store for me next!